About the Challenge
In this frontend challenge, you'll build a Star Rating Component. This challenge is perfect for you if you're interested in building front-end web components and taking your front-end skills to the next level!
You can use as many (or as few) tools, libraries, and frameworks as you'd like. If you're trying to learn something new, this might be a great way to push yourself.
- The Star Rating component should display a set of stars that can be clicked or hovered over to select a rating.
- The component should be customizable, with an option to change the number of stars to be displayed.
- When the user clicks on a star to select a rating, the rating should be updated, and a corresponding message should be displayed.
- The component should ensure that hovering over the third star after selecting the fourth star highlights only the first, second and third stars.
- Show the hover state of all the elements.
- The component should be responsive and display correctly on different screen sizes.
- Make this landing page look as close to the design as possible.
Taking your Project to the Next Level
- The component should allow users to select half-ratings (e.g., 4.5 stars).
What you'll Learn?
- To get started, download the starter code(zip file).
- Take a look around. Look at the project's Figma file. This is a great way to see how the pieces and parts should look within the browser.
- Open the project's README.md file. It has additional information about the challenge.
- Set up version control (we recommend Git) and create a GitHub repository for this challenge.
- Customize your project/file architecture to your liking.
- Happy coding! 👍
Get Involved with the Community
Join our Discord community and share your solutions with others. Ask questions and get answers from the fellow developers, help others and get involved with the community.
It's an amazing place to learn and grow as a developer, and we'd love for you to be a part of it!
So, what are you waiting for? Click on the download button to get started.